LOUD is seeking to add a highly-driven graphic designer/illustrator to our custom apparel team.
COMPANY OVERVIEW //
LOUD stands for “Live Out Ur Dreams.” We are a small creative design agency, record label and print shop located in Chicago’s West Loop. Our company’s mission is to use our artwork, music and clothing to help inspire, incite and enable others to live out their dreams.
POSITION SUMMARY //
We are seeking to add a highly-driven graphic designer/illustrator to our custom apparel team. The custom team develops branding and custom apparel for student groups, musicians, and private organizations across the country. As a member of the team, designers work hand-in-hand with our clients, absorbing their ideas and translating them into unique one-of-a-kind creations that embody the client’s message or identity.
Designers will have the option to pick-up projects from a pool on a first come first serve basis, however projects may be assigned based on stylistic congruence. Most of our custom apparel work is screen-printed and thus the number of colors in the final design is often limited—a strong proficiency in Adobe Illustrator is a must.
Our custom apparel projects typically have a 5-day design turnaround. Commission is paid on a per design basis.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES //
- Create original designs based on diverse design prompts that effectively represent the nature of the clients proposals.
- Ensure designs match the LOUD style and are completed at a level consistent with the standards and quality of the company.
- Incorporate feedback from the creative team, director, and client.
- Ensure graphics are completed, properly formatted for screen printing, in a timely fashion.
- Proficiency with Adobe Illustrator / Photoshop and Creative Cloud
- Strong illustration skills are a plus
- Previous experience in graphic design, print and digital, with a creative portfolio of previous work
- Must have strong organizational skills; be detail-oriented*
- A creative thinker and self-starter with strong communication skills
- Understanding of color, design and branding
- High standard of visual presentation
- Responsive to feedback
- Freehand sketching a plus
- Knowledge of the screen printing process a plus
**This job description is not an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities**
If interested, please send your resume along with a portfolio of work to email@example.com